Derived from FG800 which has the solid spruce top and nato/okume back and sides, the Yamaha FGX800C has a cutaway body and the electric system.
The Yamaha FGX800C acoustic-electric guitar stems from a long heritage of amazing FG "folk guitar" acoustic guitars and gives you incredible value at an entry-level price. The guitar's combination of premium tonewoods makes it a great value for seasoned players, but it's priced to be attainable for new players, as well. Its combination of a solid Sitka spruce top and nato back and sides is responsible for the FGX800C's beautiful voice. And Yamaha's System-66 electronics take that sound onto the stage.
Genuine Sitka spruce top for great tone
Yamaha chose a solid Sitka spruce top for their FGX800C for both its look and tone. Sitka spruce has a well-rounded, articulate sound with excellent projection. These qualities have made it the undisputed leader for acoustic guitar tops throughout the industry. And because it's a solid-wood top, the tone will age gracefully, with enhanced harmonics and greater tonal balance as the years go by. And Yamaha improved their scalloped bracing on the FGX800C to allow for more top movement, resulting in a larger low end and more projection.
Nato back and sides
The FGX800C sports a body made from nato. This wood's warm tone is reminiscent of mahogany. Its rich sound enhances the midrange frequencies while maintaining top-end clarity, making it great for strumming. The sound is gentle and full, which is ideal for vocal accompaniment. Combined with the lively and defined sound of the spruce top, you'll love the rich tone you get from the Yamaha FGX800C.
Yamaha System-66 electronics
The Yamaha FGX800C acoustic-electric guitar also has you covered when it's time to take the stage. The System-66 pickup and preamp electronics deliver the true sound of your guitar's spruce and nato tonewoods. The onboard preamp features a 3-band EQ with sweepable mids to help notch out unwanted feedback. It also boasts a fast and reliable tuner to keep your performances sounding great. And the battery compartment is easily accessed on the upper bout of the guitar for quick changes.
- Traditional western body
- Solid spruce top
- Nato/Okume back & sides for similar sound characteristics to Mahogany. Warm sound and rich midrange
- Newly developed scalloped bracing
- Traditional looks and outstanding quality
- System 66 controls include a 3-band EQ, an adjustable mid-range frequency control, and a precision chromatic tuner for optimum sound tailoring
- Body Shape: Traditional Western Cutaway
- Scale Length: 650mm (25 9/16)
- Body Length: 505mm (19 7/8")
- Total Length: 1038mm (40 7/8")
- Body Width: 412mm (16 1/4")
- Body Depth: 100-118mm (3 15/16"- 4 5/8")
- Nut Width: 43mm (1 11/16)
- String Spacing: 11.0mm
- Top Material: Solid Spruce
- Back Material: Nato/Okume
- Side Material: Nato/Okume
- Neck Material: Nato
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: R400mm (23 5/8")
- Bridge Material: Rosewood
- Nut Material: Urea
- Saddle Material: Urea
- Bridge Pins: Black ABS with White Dot
- Tuners: Die-cast Chrome(TM29T)
- Body Binding: Black
- Soundhole Inlay: Black + White
- Pickguard: Black
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Finish: Matt
- Electronics: SYSTEM66 + SRT Pickup
- Controls: Vol/3-band EQ/Tuner/Mid FQ
- Strings: .012/.016/.025(or.024)/.032/.042/.052(or.053)